INTRIGUING JOURNEY - BUT THIS COURAGE IS SPICED WITH FEAR(Long read by a tipsy writer)

INTRIGUING JOURNEY - BUT THIS COURAGE IS SPICED WITH FEAR
(Long read by a tipsy writer)

#INTRODUCTION
Courage they say is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something is more important than fear!

It has been an intriguing journey this year with my AFA Divinations experiences and is feels like a blessing to know that I am connected to the Gods and Ancestors of my family roots. And the fact that they are the ones calling onto me feels like a “Spiritual Calling”. 

And then the Historical accounts of my Ancestors has inspired the “Poetic Storyteller” in me to research more into my roots and find all my family tree branches. The journey would make for a fine documentary.
And I am more than glad to activate the Gods and revamp their shrines to promote #Vodu_Tourism in my hometown. I am Proud to be part of the woke “NEW AGE AFRICAN TRADITIONALISTS.

#VODU_TOURISM AGENDA
Everybody I’ve met from my village so far who has had an experience with the Gods of my village, speaks highly of the potency of the #Torgbuizikpi without doubt. And the testimonies are overwhelming.
So I know the idea of “VODU TOURISM” would work exceedingly well in my hometown since the Gods are actively performing wonders. 

Social media alone can help promote the VoduTourism agenda and we can easily attract the worlds attention with a little Creativity and blessings from the Gods.
“African Spiritual Tourism” is gradually becoming a foreign exchange earner for Africa since the beginning of the “Blacks Returning Home to Africa” awakening. Events like the #YearOfReturn and the others have begun a process of changing the narrative on Africa in the areas of African spirituality, Afrobeats, African culture and Afrocentric Art.

Just wait for the #KITIKATA_AFRICAN_SHRINE in Lume_Dornakope near Akatsi which would be a copy of what #Fela_Kuti did but this one with a functioning Spiritual Shrine.
We would host African spirituality events, lectures, musical concerts, retreats and do “Welcome rituals” with AFA Divination for Blacks from the Diaspora and a lot of things. 
(I beg it’s just a dream, the Gods must first agree for it to happen).

#MY_HEADACHE
I am excited about the #Vodu_Tourism idea but then quiet worried about the #Chieftaincy divination. But then I would still do just as the Gods demand of me but then e dey look “huhuhu” small. 
And I am not going to back down though but then I have genuine concerns I believe the Gods are aware of.

I was initially intrigued with the idea of becoming a #Chief and it gave me chills thinking I would now have a community I am directly responsible to transform. 
It made me realize I was being given a rare opportunity to implement my numerous ideas on community development and this thought excited my balls to grow big.

But then the excitement seems short lived as the challenges have begun showing their ugly faces. And some are uglier and can’t be shared.
The sad fact is that, I am standing all alone for now due to “Family feuds” even before my birth. And I am now in the midst of all this “brouhaha”, and it got my big balls shrinking. But then “vim dey”, praying I get my Dad on my side and he understands my quest to practice African spirituality.

The Gods and Deities of my Ancestors have been left unattended to for years so there’s no competition or issues as to who decides to activate and take care of them. Everybody is a #Traditional_Christian and so it seems none of them has an interest in re-energizing the Gods except me. 
But then a lot of people are very interested in the Chieftaincy title and not the taking care of the Gods.

I strongly believe that the Gods know that “Ne yornu Yewo gbana de ge me”, which means that “the superfluity of the mouth, is the full desire of the beard”. 
So I know they would protect and bless my ideas and Creativity, so I have enough to cater for them. Only asking for Blessings to be fruitful with our gifts. 
And African Tradition is a beautiful spiritual practice I would want to share with the world before I die!

#FUED OVER THE STOOL
The “Ancient Royal Stool” which is the symbol of #Chieftaincy is a source of some serious conflicts in my hometown I never knew about. I was told a group of guys allegedly brought thugs into the village on the 24th of September to break into the room where the Royal stool is kept and attempted to steal it. And I hear the issue has been reported to the Police and it’s a whole conflict I’ve fallen into.

I’ve spoken to the guys involved and they also claim they didn’t carry the stool away but then are just protesting for the stool door to be opened with a few grievances they feel needed to be addressed.
Realized the guys are capitalizing on the long absence of a Chief to start a revolution and attempt to crown their own Chief. And the whole issue be somewaybi, but then “VIM DEY”.

#THE_LONE_RANGER
The other problem is that I haven’t been able to build a relationship with my Paternal Family. I have stayed in Akatsi almost half my life, and it’s just a few minutes drive to my hometown, but then I barely visit. 
Most people have only heard that my Father has a Son in Akatsi and are seeing me for the first time after the revelations of the AFA. 

Issue is that I am a “Single Child” and grew up with my very sweet Maternal Grandmother. She was wealthy so I was okay and sadly had absolutely no link or connection with my Paternal Family at an early age and even now.
And I have been a “Devimasetornu” to My Dad and so we’ve been distant for a while and it only took the AFA Divinations to get me to go back home, and everything else seems to be happening so fast.

CONCLUSION
I keep sharing this journey you guys because this is home! Was able to explain all this to my Mother today and I realized She has mixed feelings. 
I know She would be doing an all night prayer session in my name today. No go be easy helebaba in my name tonight.
And thank you for reading! Just documenting the journey!

#Akpe
#AFA

📸 Weedcave Images
👕 HoKui
✍️ Selorm Ameza

Post a Comment

0 Comments