GHANA EDUCATION SERVICES SHOULD GO BACK AND PICK OLD STORIES FOR OUR NEW TEACHING MATERIALS

GHANA EDUCATION  SERVICES SHOULD  GO BACK AND PICK OLD STORIES FOR OUR NEW TEACHING  MATERIALS .

THE HOCK AND THE HEN PURPIL BOOK 4 
Once upon a time, Hawk and Hen were very good friends. 
They lived together in a little house. They did everything together. 
They wanted to make a drum. 
Both of them like  to play a drum. 
But Hen was lazy. 
She did not want to do any hard work. One day Hawk said, "let's go into the forest and cut some wood  for our drum." Hen said, "I'm sorry, Hawk, I'm ill. I can't come with you." Hawk said, "then give me your axe, knife and adze to cut the wood and carve the drum. "Hen said, "i'm sorry, Hawk, my axe, knife and my adze are all ill. They can't work." Hawk saw that Hen did not want to help him. So he went to his friends. They gave him a knife, axe and adze. 

He cut a  piece of wood. He cut a sheep-skin. He made a drum. Hawk played his drum. It was very good. He like it. Hen wanted to play, too.  But she could not. Hawk said, "if you play my drum, I'll beat you." Next day, Hawk went to his farm. 

Hen went and played the drum. She sang and danced: KREKETE SOO  YA! KREKETE SOO YA! MY FRIEND'S LITTLE DRUM, KREKETE SOO YA! BECAUSE I'M NOT WELL, KREKETE SOO YA! I CAN'T PLAY AND PLAY, AND PLAY, KREKETE SOO YA! 

Hawk heard the sound of his drum. He said, who is playing my drum? Isn't that lazy hen? Everyday Hawk will heard the sound of the drum. When he went home, he would not see anybody playing it. 

One day Hawk said to hen, I'm going to my farm. But he went and hide in his room. 

Hen quickly went to the drum: KREKETE SOO YA! KREKETE SOO YA! MY FRIEND'S LITTLE DRUM, KREKETE SOO YA! BECAUSE I'M NOT WELL, KREKETE SOO YA! I CAN'T PLAY, AND PLAY, AND PLAY, KREKETE ... 

Hawk quickly ran out from his room. He caught hen. "Today I've caught you. Ahaa! You played my drum." Hawk said. 

Hen cried, "please, don't kill me, my friend." "what will you give then"? Hawk asked. "Anytime i have chicks you can take one of them", Hen said. 

This is why Hawk always catches chicks.

Post a Comment

0 Comments